Monday, May 02, 2005

spectacles...

for about an hour over the headphones i could hear the frog grinding his pepper in the ivy. long sentence without pause that. well.

i made an appointment with the eye man this morning. i got the last slot for tomorrow. i was going to make the appointment last friday but it slipped my mind. i like glasses. they are sexy. but i can't wear glasses. no. not enough cushiony goodness on my (jewishy/native americany/scottishy) nose. i put on sunglasses and before long the nose is very red and sore. but i think i'm going home with glasses tomorrow. hmph.

two yellow birds almost got blown right on top of my head today! the wind was strong. the birds very very yellow. it was cool.

i'm still enjoying moby dick. all i'd previously read of melville was billy budd. partly. i got bored. which is sad considering the length.

i have to sleep now.

7 Comments:

Blogger dishpantheism said...

you shall have them! just as soon as i choose some frames etc. i got a prescription for reading glasses so i don't have to wear them all of the time. thankfully. my poor nose...

5:13 PM  
Blogger ranjit said...

How to save the nose from pinching.

I can't stand to wear glasses either. I dread the day when I will need them.

8:01 PM  
Blogger dishpantheism said...

the piercing only smarts a moment but the weight of glasses pulling down...hmmm. i dunno. someday that guy's going to have a gaping cavern over his nose. arrgh!

maybe i could just glue them to my face. or maybe i could suction them to my temples. (patent pending!)

11:38 PM  
Blogger witold said...

Glasses are so fascinating.
I remember a neighbor boy taking off his glasses (I was maybe 4) and his face was a completely different one without them. It was a remarkable experience.
Congratulations to your glasses.
Hope all will be well with your poor nose.

4:50 AM  
Blogger dishpantheism said...

witold, yeah it's strange sometimes when people who generally wear glasses remove them in your presence. they can look entirely different! hmm. i wonder if i will look entirely different when i put mine on? that would be interesting.

thanks for the well-wishing. i hope my nose withstands, too.

11:38 AM  
Blogger Damon Allen Davison said...

The pierced glasss are remind me of someone talking about finding that "Sid Vicious lives" breast tatoo somewhere near her knee thirty years down the road.

Dunno. I guess you know how I look with and without. Admittedly, I'm not much to look at in the first place, but my friends generally like the glasses. But then again, there is a sexist double standard at work here. Plus, I tend to look like I eat small children without my glasses constantly and sterotypically reaffirming my perfectly non-infantovorous academic/intellectual status.

Plastic lenses with light frames really shouldn't be that irritating. The people who really have problems are the -7 diopter just-short-of-legally-blind ones who get bottle-thick glass lenses. I get these small depressions on the bridge of my nose, but that's it.

My, that was detail ad nauseum.

5:20 PM  
Blogger dishpantheism said...

damon, i think there's no such thing as "not much to look at" and i wouldn't ever think that you looked like a baby eater. baby eaters are strictly monocle wearers, this is what i find.

sexist double standard? do explain. do you mean "guys don't make passes at girls who wear glasses" or the like?

7:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home